Supporting Our Clients and the Community During the COVID-19 Pandemic
The pandemic reminds me how helpless we are to control certain circumstances in which we live. But estate planning is an aspect of your life that you can control — no matter what is going on around you. We urge you to double check your estate planning documents and contact us if you have changes you want to make or have questions.
If you do not have an estate plan, or your estate plan is old and does not reflect your current wishes, it is still possible to take are of this important matter even during the current crisis. Please read on to learn how we are working through the crisis and continuing to operate.WE ARE OPEN FOR BUSINESS!
At AUGULIS LAW FIRM, LLC, the health and safety of our clients, team members, and friends of the law firm are top of mind amid concerns about the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
As estate planning and elder law attorneys, our practice is dedicated to serving our most vulnerable citizens, including seniors, those who are ill, disabled, experiencing mental health challenges and children with special needs.
The uncertainty around the pandemic has many people with immune system challenges concerned about exposure to the virus. We are committed to ensuring everyone’s safety and making it easy and accessible for our community to get their estate planning questions answered and documents in place.
Here are the precautionary steps we’ve put in place to continue to operate safely and effectively during this time:
AT OUR OFFICE
- Team training on current recommendations for preventative health and safety has been completed with all team members to ensure they are well-versed and adherent to best practices.
- We installed hand sanitizer stations in our lobby and conference rooms.
- We are frequently sanitizing high volume areas such as door knobs, conference room tables, and communal spaces after every client meeting.
- Team members who are not well, are required to stay home.
- We are monitoring and are poised to adapt quickly to any guidance or requests from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and our local health departments.
- We are not seeing clients in our offices in order to keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible, but our office remains open during normal business hours of 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. All client meetings will occur virtually (Zoom, phone, etc.). All signings can be done in our parking lot from the safety of your car. We review all documents with you by phone or Zoom before the signing.
We have also heard from many people who want to talk to us about creating a will, trust, power of attorney, healthcare directive, etc.—just in case– but they need more flexible options for doing so.
ESTATE PLANNING CONSULTATIONS, MEETINGS, & WORKSHOPS
We’re not letting the pandemic get in the way of our mission – helping people gain peace of mind.
- Consultations – Thanks to modern technology, we have flexible options to meet with you or your family virtually. The amazing Zoom application is easy and flexible — almost like being in the same room together! Whether you’re already an Augulis Law client and need to talk about updates, or you are looking for a law firm to serve your needs now and in the future, chances are you have extra time on your hands. This is a great time to take care of this important matter. Call or email email@example.com, or visit our website to inquire about an appointment.
- WEBINARS – We are putting steps in place to offer our popular and informative Wills & Trusts Seminars from the safety of home, so our community can continue to stay informed about their estate planning and incapacity options. For many, our educational webinars are the first step to creating their estate plan. I promise you’ll look at estate planning differently than ever before. You’ll learn valuable information and have an opportunity for a free, no-obligation Personal Consultation about what is important to you and how the principles discussed in the workshop apply to you.
- Client Educational Workshops – We are known for our unique client workshops, our Trustee School, and the one-of-a-kind workshop, “Family Legacy Protection Plan” that provides our clients a family office where all of their legal estate planning, income tax returns and investment advice can be handled under one roof with our team of experts. We are working on webinar presentations of both workshops. Check our website, and if you’re already a client watch your email inbox. This is a great time to get better informed, and for your future fiduciaries (Trustees, Executors, Power of Attorney Agents) to prepare for the future through interactive learning.
We also ask for your assistance to ensure the safety of others. If you are sick or symptomatic, please stay home. Per the CDC, if you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or suspect you may have it, you should avoid public spaces and ensure you are seen by a doctor. Again, we can meet with you virtually, if needed.
ENSURE YOUR BASIC ESTATE PLANNING IS DONE AND UP-TO-DATE
Everyone should have these three basic documents, regardless of their wealth or health:
1. Healthcare Power of Attorney. Allows your agent to make medical decisions for you (in consultation with your physicians) if you were unable to make those decisions for yourself.
2. Power of Attorney for Property. Allows your agent to pay your bills and make other time-sensitive decisions during a period of your incapacity.
3. HIPAA Power. Authorizes those you designate to access your protected health information.
We are communicating regularly with our team to keep them informed and to ensure their safety and yours.
Thank you for believing in our mission and continuing to be a client and friend of the firm. Our thoughts remain with those being hit hardest during this time.
We remain committed to your Health, Happiness and Legacy,
Alan L. Augulis, Esq.
Founder, Augulis Law Firm, LLC